We take great pride in our programme but we also want to ensure that it is right for your son/daughter and also for you as a parent or guardian. The pledge document lays out exactly what we expect from each leader/parent/guardian and also what we expect to deliver to you. It is a requirement that each new leader and their parent/guardian read, understand and sign the pledge document before registering and formally committing to the programme.
Young Leaders in Cricket pledge
To provide the opportunity for each Young Leader to undertake the appropriate modules in conjunction with your club/school
- Junior Activator,
- First Aid
- Young Cricket Officials
- Groundskeeping & Environmental Awareness
- Mental Toughness
- Fundraising with Social Media
- courses, as appropriate.
Ensure all Young Leaders co-manage matches with a responsible DBS checked adult as per the child welfare policy.
The Young Leader pledge
- Attend each course, notifying the course provider of any delay or absence within good time.
- Volunteer and fundraise at each level for at least twenty hours (£50 fundraising target) within the same season.
- As a Young Leader, continue to be a role model at your cricket club/school for younger members and an ambassador for cricket club in the wider community.
- Understand that any poor behaviour may impact your opportunity to continue on the programme.
- Record all volunteering and fundraising activity where appropriate and return to club co-ordinator in timely fashion
- Ensure their son/daughter attends each course, notifying the course provider of any delay or absence within good time.
- Ensure their son/daughter promptly attends each volunteering activity for their cricket club/school.
- Ensure their son/daughter records all volunteering and fundraising activity where appropriate and returns to club co-ordinator in a timely fashion.